Follow this Blog by RSS
Register to Vote – exercise your democratic power
Just One More of a Series of Broken Promises
Family Tax? No Thanks!
Grand Theft: Water
A hospital for your family and your community
Archive of previous posts
Categories of posts
Local Political News
- Kelly: Post Offices must be allowed to retain social welfare payments
- Set aside for fishermen needs to be seriously considered – Roche
- Council agree to feasibility report on Wexford Gaol Museum
- "There's a road in that pothole" - Roche
- O' Connell: Sinn Féin supports "One Stop Shop" model for Post Offices
- Marshmeadows flooding raises need for state disaster insurance - O' Connell tinyurl.com/nrb6dyr 3 weeks ago
- Roche invites Minister Hogan to South Wexford to sample poor public water quality for himself. #DirtyWaterWexford tinyurl.com/mxzddtd 3 weeks ago
- Safe demolition of old Albatros factory in New Ross must be prioritised in the wake of further storm damage tinyurl.com/ptpmznu 3 weeks ago
- Roche calls for the culling of unstable trees along rural roads following more storm damage tinyurl.com/l7l5rgb 3 weeks ago
- RT @NiRiada4Europe: EU Election Candidate Liadh Ní Riada Ard Fheis Speech: youtu.be/Hv4eeyeqNE4 via @youtube #sfaf14 #NiRiada4Europe #ep… 3 weeks ago
- RT @AnnaCxox: Bhí comhra deas ag me fhèin agus mic léinn an Acadamh le @GerryAdamsSF agus @PearseDoherty taobh amuigh den Dáil inniu! Lá io… 31 minutes ago
- RT @An_Phoblacht: Greek anti-austerity leader @AlexisTsipras with @GerryAdamsSF, @SeanCroweTD, @LNBDublin and @PearseDoherty at Dáil http:/… 32 minutes ago
- RT @EFFanning: Discussing mortgage distress & household debt in Skerries: @PearseDoherty @LNBDublin Stephen Curtis & Malachy Quinn http://t… 32 minutes ago
- RT @NelsonMandela: "It is not beyond our power to create a world in which all children have access to a good #education" #NelsonMandela #Li… 17 hours ago
- RT @Newstalkfm: .@MaryLouMcDonald accuses Frank Flannery of deliberately dodging PAC questions on #Rehab 1 day ago
Contact Your Local Political Representatives – exercise your people power
Ask Your Representatives: Whose Side Are You On?
A Contact List of County Wexford TDs and Councillors
Join Sinn Féin51444Make your voice heard
Category Archives: Irish Referendum
Wall Street Journal – Sinn Fein Gains Clout, Irish Polls Show: Sinn Fein’s campaign to reject the European Union’s new fiscal treaty seems set to fail, but it has succeeded in boosting support for a party that has become the … Continue reading
By Anthony Coughlan Director, National Platform EU Research & Information Centre Related Link: http://www.nationalplatform.org First published online @ http://www.indymedia.ie/article/101936 Reasons to believe that the ESM Treaty as it stands is illegal under EU law and therefore unconstitutional in Ireland: … Continue reading
John Corcoran (ICTA) writes in an email: At 8.25 am yesterday morning Paul Krugman and John Corcoran spoke simultaneously on BBC radio and advised the Irish people to vote No in the Fiscal Treaty Referendum. John spoke on BBC radio … Continue reading
(Note: The following replaces & corrects earlier version of 7/May) TWO TREATIES FOR THE EUROZONE AND AN AMENDMENT TO ONE OF THE EU TREATIES – ALL RELATED TO EACH OTHER! Reply to Dr Gavin Barrett, Senior Lecturer in European Law, … Continue reading
Ireland is being asked to approve two new international treaties and an amendment to the European Union Treaties. These are: 1. Treaty establishing the European Stability Mechanism (called ‘ESM Treaty’) 2. Treaty on Stability Co-ordination and Governance in the Economic … Continue reading
… were Ireland to apply for a second bail-out prior to July 1st 2013, it would be granted if such an application were accompanied by a Memorandum of Understanding negotiated between Ireland, the EU and the IMF – similar to the first bail-out. This funding is not contingent upon the ratification of the Fiscal Treaty.
- Michael Taft, Research Officer with Unite the Union, & Tom McDonnell, policy analyst at TASC.
The evidence suggests that Ireland will have continued access to EU funding until we have regained market access regardless of the outcome of the forthcoming referendum as long as we meet the terms of the programme.
- Seamus Coffey, Lecturer in Economics, University College Cork
Is austerity working for you?
UPDATE: Citizen’s Campaign South East – Fiscal/Austerity Treaty Referendum, Public Meetings (Counties Carlow, Kilkenny, Waterford, Wexford)
————————————————– FINAL UPDATE: TUESDAY 29th May Wexford town Wexford Sinn Féin @St Joseph’s Community Centre, Bishopswater, Wexford Town John Corcoran (Irish Commerical Tenants’ Association) Oisin Ó Conail (Co. Wexford Chairman of Sinn Féin) Cllr Anthony Kelly (Sinn Féin) Our apologies: … Continue reading