Follow this Blog by RSS
Register to Vote – exercise your democratic power
Just One More of a Series of Broken Promises
Family Tax? No Thanks!
Grand Theft: Water
A hospital for your family and your community
Archive of previous posts
Categories of posts
Local Political News
- RT @EOBroin: SBP RedC poll | FG 26 (-3) Lab 9 (-2) SF 21 (+5) FF 22 (NC) Ind 22 (NC) 2 weeks ago
- RT @sinnfeinireland: Our European Parliament candidates getting into the spirit at the National Candidate Conference #TeamSF http://t.co/5u… 2 weeks ago
- RT @conwaywalsh: Sinn Fein had doubled the size of the party in the last 2 years which has allowed us to achieve our over 30% female candid… 2 weeks ago
- Great to see 350 candidates from across the 32 counties at the National Launch of Sinn Fein candidates in Drogheda today#teamsf 2 weeks ago
- #teamsf 2 weeks ago
- RT @sinnfeinireland: Government recommits itself to austerity programme – Doherty TD sinnfein.ie/contents/29635… 1 day ago
- RT @mattcarthy: Was in Stormont this morning where I hosted meeting with Minister O'Neill & farmers including IFA pres Eddie Downey. http:/… 1 day ago
- RT @AuntieDote: RT “@gavreilly: #Dail votes 75 to 46 against @PearseDoherty's bill” ...to stall some repossessions. #EvictionsGalore 1 day ago
- RT @An_Phoblacht: Dáil today to debate Sinn Féin legislation tabled by @PearseDoherty to protect family home in mortgage crisis. 6 days ago
- The Bank of Ireland recapitalisation documents that went missing in the Dept of Finance well the same ones are missing from Bank of Ireland 6 days ago
Contact Your Local Political Representatives – exercise your people power
Ask Your Representatives: Whose Side Are You On?
A Contact List of County Wexford TDs and Councillors
Join Sinn Féin51444Make your voice heard
Category Archives: Irish Referendum
Wall Street Journal – Sinn Fein Gains Clout, Irish Polls Show: Sinn Fein’s campaign to reject the European Union’s new fiscal treaty seems set to fail, but it has succeeded in boosting support for a party that has become the … Continue reading
By Anthony Coughlan Director, National Platform EU Research & Information Centre Related Link: http://www.nationalplatform.org First published online @ http://www.indymedia.ie/article/101936 Reasons to believe that the ESM Treaty as it stands is illegal under EU law and therefore unconstitutional in Ireland: … Continue reading
John Corcoran (ICTA) writes in an email: At 8.25 am yesterday morning Paul Krugman and John Corcoran spoke simultaneously on BBC radio and advised the Irish people to vote No in the Fiscal Treaty Referendum. John spoke on BBC radio … Continue reading
(Note: The following replaces & corrects earlier version of 7/May) TWO TREATIES FOR THE EUROZONE AND AN AMENDMENT TO ONE OF THE EU TREATIES – ALL RELATED TO EACH OTHER! Reply to Dr Gavin Barrett, Senior Lecturer in European Law, … Continue reading
Ireland is being asked to approve two new international treaties and an amendment to the European Union Treaties. These are: 1. Treaty establishing the European Stability Mechanism (called ‘ESM Treaty’) 2. Treaty on Stability Co-ordination and Governance in the Economic … Continue reading
… were Ireland to apply for a second bail-out prior to July 1st 2013, it would be granted if such an application were accompanied by a Memorandum of Understanding negotiated between Ireland, the EU and the IMF – similar to the first bail-out. This funding is not contingent upon the ratification of the Fiscal Treaty.
- Michael Taft, Research Officer with Unite the Union, & Tom McDonnell, policy analyst at TASC.
The evidence suggests that Ireland will have continued access to EU funding until we have regained market access regardless of the outcome of the forthcoming referendum as long as we meet the terms of the programme.
- Seamus Coffey, Lecturer in Economics, University College Cork
Is austerity working for you?
UPDATE: Citizen’s Campaign South East – Fiscal/Austerity Treaty Referendum, Public Meetings (Counties Carlow, Kilkenny, Waterford, Wexford)
————————————————– FINAL UPDATE: TUESDAY 29th May Wexford town Wexford Sinn Féin @St Joseph’s Community Centre, Bishopswater, Wexford Town John Corcoran (Irish Commerical Tenants’ Association) Oisin Ó Conail (Co. Wexford Chairman of Sinn Féin) Cllr Anthony Kelly (Sinn Féin) Our apologies: … Continue reading