Download Ireland’s only Political Party Apphttp://appmc.hn/1zB2vfv
(iPhone, Android, Windows compatible)
Sinn Féin Alternative Budget 2015
- So train from Strasb to Paris - flight from to Heathrow and on the last leg now flight to the rebel county. 1 hr drive home Ni Riada floored 4 hours ago
Our latest statements:
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
A Plan for County Wexford
Back to School
Join Sinn Féin
Text "Sinn Féin" (followed by your name, address) to51444Make your voice heard
Follow by RSS
Archive of previous posts
Categories of posts
Just One More of a Series of Broken Promises
Family Tax? No Thanks!
Grand Theft: Water
A hospital for your family and your community
Local Political News
- What should the next Westminster government do differently?
- ‘Hooded Men’ – Gerry Adams's letter to Taoiseach on deadline for Europe reopening internment torture cases
- Video – FG/Labour Government's new housing strategy 'an exercise in spin'
- British Conservative and DUP political and electoral interdependence now define Stormont talks outcome
- ‘Hooded Men’ internment torture evidence – 4 December deadline for Irish Government action
- RT @DerrySinnFein: Oppose welfare cuts with @dovehouseadvice, @pinkladiesderry, Pink Panthers & Destined, at Guildhall Square,today http://… 1 hour ago
- RT @NiallSF: A "small" gathering of @sinnfrinireland activists today but surely the biggest party gathering in Ireland today? http://t.co/6… 1 week ago
- RT @_gracemcdermott: Selfies with @MichaelaBoyleSF & @MaryLouMcDonald http://t.co/UAIIpcQ80O 1 hour ago
- One of the special moments in life. - Lifting your sleeping child into his bed :) #gladtobehome 26 minutes ago
- Caithfidh mé a rá go bhfuil Corp agus Anam ar TG4 an mhaith ar fad 2 hours ago
- Sinn Féin Cllr Tony McCaul has been released tonight unconditionally 2 hours ago
- RT @PatDohertyMP: Thanks to everyone for attending the @sinnfeinireland leadership tour in Omagh tonight. Great discussion! http://t.co/X04… 1 hour ago
Contact Your Local Political Representatives – exercise your people power
Ask Your Representatives: Whose Side Are You On?
A Contact List of County Wexford TDs and Councillors
Tag Archives: sinn féin
UPDATE: Thanks to the many who signed Book of Solidarity for Gaza on a very rainy Saturday in Wexford Bull Ring; this will tour county, be presented to Palestinian Ambassador. Watch my twitter feed @OisinSF for updates. I recently received … Continue reading
Sinn Féin President Gerry Adams TD remarks to a Press Conference in Balmoral Hotel, west Belfast, following his release from Antrim PSNI station. These remarks were written in his cell in Antrim PSNI station. Sinn Féin President Gerry Adams TD … Continue reading
Westgate Centre ‘Eyewitness to History’ Multimedia Exhibition & Bookstall Wednesday 5th – Saturday 8th February 9.30am-5.30pm FREE (Bookstall Charged) Arts Centre Annexe & Selskar “Revolution” Saleable Crafts & Historical Exhibition Thursday 6th – Saturday 8th February 9.30am-5.30pm FREE Entry Fusion … Continue reading
The Sinn Féin Ard Fheis will be held in Wexford towns iconic Opera House next year in a move that could be worth millions to the local economy. Over 1000 delegates from across the thirty two counties of Ireland will … Continue reading
The evidence suggests that Ireland will have continued access to EU funding until we have regained market access regardless of the outcome of the forthcoming referendum as long as we meet the terms of the programme.
- Seamus Coffey, Lecturer in Economics, University College Cork
Q. Where will we get the money if we vote No on 31 May?
A. Where will the Government get the money to pay the €11 billion the ESM Treaty will require from us, with an open-ended treaty commitment to pay further sums thereafter without limit?
Q. But where will we still get the money ?
A. We will get it by holding a referendum on the Article 136 TFEU amendment and the ESM Treaty, as that is constitutionally necessary in order to authorize these proposals as they stand. The 16 other Eurozone States will have to persuade us to vote Yes in such a referendum if they are to establish the kind of Stability Mechanism which the ESM Treaty envisages. They can do this by agreeing to forgive the private bank debt they have insisted should be imposed on Irish taxpayers, plus the Anglo-Irish promissory notes etc. A referendum can also be used to press the Eurozone authorities to agree a growth strategy for the Eurozone instead of the present failed austerity policies.
- Anthony Coughlan, Director, The National Platform EU Research and Information Centre
Consider the case of Ireland, which has been a good soldier in this crisis, imposing ever-harsher austerity in an attempt to win back the favor of the bond markets. According to the prevailing orthodoxy, this should work. In fact, the will to believe is so strong that members of Europe’s policy elite keep proclaiming that Irish austerity has indeed worked, that the Irish economy has begun to recover.
But it hasn’t. And although you’d never know it from much of the press coverage, Irish borrowing costs remain much higher than those of Spain or Italy, let alone Germany.
- Paul Krugman, New York Times