Follow this Blog by RSS
Register to Vote – exercise your democratic power
Just One More of a Series of Broken Promises
Family Tax? No Thanks!
Grand Theft: Water
A hospital for your family and your community
Archive of previous posts
Categories of posts
Local Political News
- An epidemic of burglaries on local communities - Enniscorthy Town Council Chairperson
- Rural Post Offices are under attack - Kelly
- Traffic jam chaos is danger to school kids - Roche
- O’ Connell supports temporary replacement while Apex is being repaired
- Use tax revenue on cigarettes to help smokers quit - Kelly
- Marshmeadows flooding raises need for state disaster insurance - O' Connell tinyurl.com/nrb6dyr 3 weeks ago
- Roche invites Minister Hogan to South Wexford to sample poor public water quality for himself. #DirtyWaterWexford tinyurl.com/mxzddtd 3 weeks ago
- Safe demolition of old Albatros factory in New Ross must be prioritised in the wake of further storm damage tinyurl.com/ptpmznu 3 weeks ago
- Roche calls for the culling of unstable trees along rural roads following more storm damage tinyurl.com/l7l5rgb 3 weeks ago
- RT @NiRiada4Europe: EU Election Candidate Liadh Ní Riada Ard Fheis Speech: youtu.be/Hv4eeyeqNE4 via @youtube #sfaf14 #NiRiada4Europe #ep… 3 weeks ago
- "Mura bhfuil siad in inmhe an fonn saoirse a scriosadh, ní bheadh siad in inmhe tú féin a bhriseadh". Bobby Sands 17/3/81 a bheadh 60 inniu 7 hours ago
- RT @mattcarthy: Statement: Shelving of wind farm plans a victory for campaigning communities – Carthy sinnfein.ie/contents/29247… 2 days ago
- Listen to Arena on RTE radio1 at 7.50 to find out why @SpainJoanne could be finishing up working with me How she finds the time I don't know 4 days ago
- RT @sinnfeinireland: ‘Scrap exploitative Gateway scheme’ – Gerry Adams TD sinnfein.ie/contents/29206… 4 days ago
- RT @seanhealy2000: Government Tax Proposals could give €922 ayear to those on €125k but NOTHING to those below €32k | @SocialJusticeI http:… 4 days ago
Contact Your Local Political Representatives – exercise your people power
Ask Your Representatives: Whose Side Are You On?
A Contact List of County Wexford TDs and Councillors
Join Sinn Féin51444Make your voice heard
Tag Archives: sinn féin
The Sinn Féin Ard Fheis will be held in Wexford towns iconic Opera House next year in a move that could be worth millions to the local economy. Over 1000 delegates from across the thirty two counties of Ireland will … Continue reading
The evidence suggests that Ireland will have continued access to EU funding until we have regained market access regardless of the outcome of the forthcoming referendum as long as we meet the terms of the programme.
- Seamus Coffey, Lecturer in Economics, University College Cork
Q. Where will we get the money if we vote No on 31 May?
A. Where will the Government get the money to pay the €11 billion the ESM Treaty will require from us, with an open-ended treaty commitment to pay further sums thereafter without limit?
Q. But where will we still get the money ?
A. We will get it by holding a referendum on the Article 136 TFEU amendment and the ESM Treaty, as that is constitutionally necessary in order to authorize these proposals as they stand. The 16 other Eurozone States will have to persuade us to vote Yes in such a referendum if they are to establish the kind of Stability Mechanism which the ESM Treaty envisages. They can do this by agreeing to forgive the private bank debt they have insisted should be imposed on Irish taxpayers, plus the Anglo-Irish promissory notes etc. A referendum can also be used to press the Eurozone authorities to agree a growth strategy for the Eurozone instead of the present failed austerity policies.
- Anthony Coughlan, Director, The National Platform EU Research and Information Centre
Consider the case of Ireland, which has been a good soldier in this crisis, imposing ever-harsher austerity in an attempt to win back the favor of the bond markets. According to the prevailing orthodoxy, this should work. In fact, the will to believe is so strong that members of Europe’s policy elite keep proclaiming that Irish austerity has indeed worked, that the Irish economy has begun to recover.
But it hasn’t. And although you’d never know it from much of the press coverage, Irish borrowing costs remain much higher than those of Spain or Italy, let alone Germany.
- Paul Krugman, New York Times
It is morally wrong, unjust and unfair to tax a persons home.
- Enda Kenny on house taxes, 1994
Is austerity working for you?
We were asked at our second Co. Wexford public meeting (Ballycullane) about what was Sinn Féin’s public policy alternatives to those of the current government. Here is the link (PDF file) I said I would provide to Sinn Féin’s alternatives. … Continue reading
… & supposed Sinn Féin leaflet controversy, in a nutshell. Courtesy of the original Ghostbusters, and Professor Karl Whelan(*): Dr. Karl Whelan: Everybody can relax, I found the car. Needs some suspension work and shocks. Brakes, brake pads, lining, steering … Continue reading