Consider the case of Ireland, which has been a good soldier in this crisis, imposing ever-harsher austerity in an attempt to win back the favor of the bond markets. According to the prevailing orthodoxy, this should work. In fact, the will to believe is so strong that members of Europe’s policy elite keep proclaiming that Irish austerity has indeed worked, that the Irish economy has begun to recover.
But it hasn’t. And although you’d never know it from much of the press coverage, Irish borrowing costs remain much higher than those of Spain or Italy, let alone Germany.
Check you are registered to vote
- Political Archive (County Council work
- Local Town Resident Marie Doyle to be Sole Female Municipal Councillor
- Important: public consultation – draft Regional Spatial and Economic Strategy for the Southern Region
- New Ross District cultural & entertainment roundup, this Christmas
- My final ever Municipal motion passes unanimously – no hard border through Foulkesmill…
Archive of previous posts
Categories of posts
Follow by RSS
- RT @PearseDoherty: This is only one of our actions to end the insurance Rip-Off. Sinn Fein pledge to slash insurance prices by removing 5 p… 3 hours ago
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Sinn Féin Alternative Budget 2015
Sinn Féin SME document 2014
Sinn Féin’s ‘A Plan for County Wexford’ 2014
Sinn Féin-led Oireachtas South East Economic Development Strategy 2013
Sinn Féin Jobs Plan 2012
Sugar Beet 2012
Back to School 2012
Sinn Féin-led Agri-Food Oireachtas report 2010
Just One More of a Series of Broken Promises
Family Tax? No Thanks!
Grand Theft: Water
A hospital for your family and your community
Join Sinn Féin
Text "Sinn Féin" (followed by your name, address) to51444Make your voice heard
- The right to your pension at 65 years, the choice to retire - is a fundamental right of workers. It is NOT 'early retirement' @LeoVaradkar 8 hours ago
- This is only one of our actions to end the insurance Rip-Off. Sinn Fein pledge to slash insurance prices by removin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- RT @obraonain: Had a very interesting visit to the village of Clonmellon in Westmeath (in Meath West constituency) Real case study of chall… 12 hours ago
- RT @PearseDoherty: Increasing pension age to 67 started by FF/Greens and brought into law by FG/Labour. As Finance Minister I will stop the… 5 hours ago
Contact Your Local Political Representatives – exercise your people power
Ask Your Representatives: Whose Side Are You On?
A Contact List of County Wexford TDs and Councillors