10th/December 2014: New Ross Municipal District meeting passed unanimously –
That New Ross Municipal Council requests ESB Ecars to install:
– a Fast Charge Point in one of the car parks in new Ross at the Dunbrody Ship;
– a standard charger in in Wellington Bridge, at play area opposite railway station, on R733;
– a standard charger in Ballyhack, easily accessible to ferry traffic;
And further, that this Municipal Council – subject to reserved functions – will implement free parking for Electric Vehicles, at such charging spaces, while such vehicles are being charged.
Cllr Oisin O’Connell
12th/January 2015: Wexford County Council passed unanimously –
10.3 Cllr. O’O’Connell:
That this Council:
– With regard to the Electric Vehicle charging spaces in New Ross, Bunclody, Enniscorthy, Courtown Harbour and Wexford Town on Council property; will ensure that these are painted with appropriate markings, and signage erected with clear rules of use;
– Will implement statute instruments 325 and 330 (2014) relating to above;
– Subject to any reserved functions of Municipal Councils; will allow, recommend, and implement free parking for Electric Vehicles at these charging spaces, while they are charging.
(New Ross standard)