Check you are registered to vote
- Political Archive (County Council work
- Local Town Resident Marie Doyle to be Sole Female Municipal Councillor
- Important: public consultation – draft Regional Spatial and Economic Strategy for the Southern Region
- New Ross District cultural & entertainment roundup, this Christmas
- My final ever Municipal motion passes unanimously – no hard border through Foulkesmill…
Archive of previous posts
Categories of posts
Follow by RSS
- Join us LIVE on Sunday at 8pm as @MaryLouMcDonald @moneillsf , @PearseDoherty and @johnfinucane discuss Sinn Féin'… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Sinn Féin Alternative Budget 2015
Sinn Féin SME document 2014
Sinn Féin’s ‘A Plan for County Wexford’ 2014
Sinn Féin-led Oireachtas South East Economic Development Strategy 2013
Sinn Féin Jobs Plan 2012
Sugar Beet 2012
Back to School 2012
Sinn Féin-led Agri-Food Oireachtas report 2010
Just One More of a Series of Broken Promises
Family Tax? No Thanks!
Grand Theft: Water
A hospital for your family and your community
Join Sinn Féin
Text "Sinn Féin" (followed by your name, address) to51444Make your voice heard
- Follow @MaryLouMcDonald
- RT @moneillsf: Join us on the Sinn Féin Ireland Facebook tomorrow evening for an online public meeting on uniting Ireland. Support for uni… 9 hours ago
- Aontu confirms only 735 out of 21,000 people were granted the hardship grant shannonside.ie/news/local/lon… 8 hours ago
- RT @ATownNews: The British Army imposed the Falls Curfew on 3 July 1970. In less than 48 hours, their troops killed four defenceless civili… 54 minutes ago
Contact Your Local Political Representatives – exercise your people power
Ask Your Representatives: Whose Side Are You On?
A Contact List of County Wexford TDs and Councillors
Category Archives: Quotes
The short version: if you are constantly feeding and consuming social media, then A. it isn’t free – you are literally (not metaphorically) donating your life and mind to a private company for their and others’ profit… B. ….it’s at … Continue reading
Wall Street Journal – Sinn Fein Gains Clout, Irish Polls Show: Sinn Fein’s campaign to reject the European Union’s new fiscal treaty seems set to fail, but it has succeeded in boosting support for a party that has become the … Continue reading
… were Ireland to apply for a second bail-out prior to July 1st 2013, it would be granted if such an application were accompanied by a Memorandum of Understanding negotiated between Ireland, the EU and the IMF – similar to the first bail-out. This funding is not contingent upon the ratification of the Fiscal Treaty.
– Michael Taft, Research Officer with Unite the Union, & Tom McDonnell, policy analyst at TASC.
The evidence suggests that Ireland will have continued access to EU funding until we have regained market access regardless of the outcome of the forthcoming referendum as long as we meet the terms of the programme.
– Seamus Coffey, Lecturer in Economics, University College Cork
Q. Where will we get the money if we vote No on 31 May?
A. Where will the Government get the money to pay the €11 billion the ESM Treaty will require from us, with an open-ended treaty commitment to pay further sums thereafter without limit?
Q. But where will we still get the money ?
A. We will get it by holding a referendum on the Article 136 TFEU amendment and the ESM Treaty, as that is constitutionally necessary in order to authorize these proposals as they stand. The 16 other Eurozone States will have to persuade us to vote Yes in such a referendum if they are to establish the kind of Stability Mechanism which the ESM Treaty envisages. They can do this by agreeing to forgive the private bank debt they have insisted should be imposed on Irish taxpayers, plus the Anglo-Irish promissory notes etc. A referendum can also be used to press the Eurozone authorities to agree a growth strategy for the Eurozone instead of the present failed austerity policies.
– Anthony Coughlan, Director, The National Platform EU Research and Information Centre